WooCommerce Chained Products
Offering a bundle of your products at a lucrative discount is the easiest method to great sales in any store – and research has proven this across a variety of businesses – physical products, digital downloads or memberships.
We have all picked up discounted bundles of products when we go grocery shopping. Even when we don’t want them; we have either bought bigger quantities or multiple product bundles.
How can Chained Products help sell product bundles?
Chained Products is the best WooCommerce extension to create pre-configured product bundles and offers. When someone buys your main product, they get all the “chained” products automatically. You can create a bundle of multiple simple or variable products and chain as many products together as you like. Or give additional products for free (as a gift) while purchasing a main product. You can even combine multiple chained products to create massive combo deals.
5 Steps to Creating Chained Products
- Select the products you want to bundle together – higher quantities or multiple products
- Discount the bundle – simple mental math should prove this is an irresistible offer
- Describe the value – of buying this combo, the benefit customers will derive from it
- Prominently showcase your bundle – and invite people to buy the bundle instead of single product
- Create scarcity for extra impact – time, inventory or usage limit works great
What’s new in Chained Products?
Earlier, chained products prices were default set to zero and only the main product price was applicable. But now, you can configure chained products to be priced individually. All you need to do is check the “Price Individually” box for that chained product. Refer this doc for configuration: Configuring Priced Individually Chained products
Why does Chained Products give stellar results?
There is certainly the “more bang for the buck” aspect. But chained product bundles also provide “works great with” and “get add ons for free with main product” cross sell opportunities. They trigger fundamental human behavior to select an item with higher perceived value.
Plus: Chained Products works great because it lets you create pre configured product bundles and gifts. Customers don’t get confused picking options and focus their attention on the value a bundle generates for them. This improves conversion rates and greatly increases overall sales.
How does Chained Products handle product bundling / gifting?
- Edit a product and go to the “Linked Products” tab.
- Link as many products as you want to create a bundle. You can pick up variations and even select quantities.
- This way you can create bundles as well as bulk discount offers – “Buy One Get One” / “Buy 1 Get X” / “Buy X For $$”
- Now you can either set a price for your main product or you can configure chained products to be priced individually.
- When people add the main product to cart, cart will show main product and all linked products with the prices configured. Zero if priced individually option is disabled else the chained product price.
- When order is paid, Chained Products also takes care of managing inventory and granting access to digital downloads.